Pakistan

PM Shehbaz says Operation Ghazab lil-Haq continuing with full resolve

Ghazab lil-Haq

QUETTA: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Tuesday said that Operation Ghazab lil-Haq was continuing with full resolve to protect innocent citizens against Afghan Taliban regime-based terrorist proxies and to target militant hideouts and support infrastructure.

The prime minister made the remarks while visiting the Command and Staff College Quetta, where he addressed faculty members and student officers. He was accompanied by Defence Minister Khawaja Asif, Information Minister Attaullah Tarar and Sarfraz Bugti.

Pakistan launched Operation Ghazab lil-Haq in February this year following border tensions and clashes with the Afghan Taliban despite a ceasefire agreement reached in October 2025.

During the visit, the prime minister praised the professionalism, operational preparedness and sacrifices of the Pakistan Armed Forces in safeguarding national sovereignty and maintaining peace and stability.

He paid tribute to the martyrs and reaffirmed Pakistan’s support for the people of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir and Palestine.

Referring to Marka-e-Haq, the prime minister commended the armed forces’ “historic victory” under the leadership of Asim Munir.

He said Pakistan demonstrated restraint and responsible conduct during what he termed India’s “unprovoked aggression”, adding that the country’s position was acknowledged internationally.

The prime minister reiterated Pakistan’s determination to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity against any misadventure.

Marka-e-Haq refers to the 19-day military confrontation between Pakistan and India from April 22 to May 10, 2025, which ended with a US-brokered ceasefire after intense hostilities.

Earlier, upon arrival at the college, the prime minister was received by Field Marshal Asim Munir.

Separately, PM Shehbaz chaired a meeting of the Provincial Apex Committee on the National Action Plan in Quetta, where he directed authorities to deploy the Frontier Corps in Balochistan’s Rakhshan Division to establish a dedicated security corridor for the protection of mineral resources and related economic activities.

According to the Prime Minister’s Office, the proposed corridor will include additional FC wings, highway security check posts, surveillance grids and border posts.

The prime minister said ensuring a secure environment in Balochistan was vital for maintaining the confidence of local and international companies working on mineral projects.

He also highlighted the importance of modern policing, advanced training and new technologies in eliminating terrorism.

During the meeting, officials briefed participants on counterterrorism operations, youth welfare projects, healthcare initiatives and development programmes in the province.

The briefing noted that no polio case had been reported in Balochistan since November 2024, while several healthcare projects, including cancer institutes, dialysis centres and trauma facilities, had become operational.

Officials further said 99% of schools in the province were currently open and educational activities were continuing uninterrupted.

The meeting was attended by senior civil and military officials, including federal ministers Ahsan Iqbal, Mohsin Naqvi, Jam Kamal Khan and Adviser to the Prime Minister Rana Sanaullah.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*